Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener Review
Choosing the right knife sharpener for your knives can turn out to be the hardest endeavor, especially if you have a variety of different knives. No matter what type of knife you have in the house, you want to ensure that it’s sharp at all times as this makes it more efficient and safer to use.
We all want sharp knives but we don’t want them to get damaged while sharpening them. This is where knife sharpeners come in handy.
They come in all sorts of makes, sizes and designs and it is up to you to figure out the ones that work best for you. Below are some of the features that good knife sharpeners should have:
- Good performance, producing smooth edges without nicks or scratches
- A hard, abrasive material
- An accurate, adjustable angle guide
- Multiple sharpening stages for dull knives, finer sharpening and even ceramic sharpening
- Adequate safety features such as a barrier between the fingers and knife
- A decent warranty backed by good customer service, especially for the costlier knife sharpeners
Armed with that information, it is now time for us to review the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener. This sharpener comes with two modules specifically for coarse sharpening and fine sharpening.
It would have been really good if it came with another module for ceramic sharpening, but that shouldn’t hinder you from purchasing it since it is suitable for all knives with a fine edge.
You don’t have to worry about the knife sharpener sliding off the countertop and smashing onto the ground to get damaged or damaging other things. This is because it has rubber feet that prevent skidding.
Many knife sharpeners only cater right handed people but the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener works perfectly for both left- and right-handed people. Measuring approximately 8 inches across and 3 inches tall, you won’t have to worry about where to store the knife sharpener.
As a matter of fact, it can fit comfortably in the same drawer that you store the knives in. We have seen huge knife sharpeners that take up valuable space on the countertops and cupboards.
When using the knife, place the knife sharpener on a flat surface, holding it down slightly with one hand. Draw the knife blade with a little pressure inwards towards yourself, doing this up to five times for the dullest blades.
For knives that are very blunt, start by using the first module before moving on to the fine sharpening module. Knives with a bit of bluntness may require only the first module to bring back the original sharpness. Check the results by cutting a sheet of paper.
Features of the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener
- Suitable for all knives with a fine edge
- Comprises two modules: one for coarse sharpening and one for fine sharpening
- Rubber feet prevent skidding on the countertop
- Measures approximately 8 inches across and 3 inches tall
- Works well for both right- and left-handed people
- This is a great sharpener
- Comes with a lifetime Henckel’s full replacement warranty
- Easy to use
- Some claim the rubber feet fall off easily
- For others, it could not sharpen dull knives
- Some say that it is not a very durable knife sharpener
If you’re looking for a good knife sharpener for your knives, the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener is the perfect choice. The only issue that we have with this knife sharpener is the fact that it comes with only two sharpening slots – coarse and fine.
It would have been an added advantage if it had another slot for ceramic sharpening. This is also an excellent knife sharpener for those who are left handed because it can be used by both left- and right-handed people.