Goodia 400/600Grit Knife Sharpener Review
Imagine going on a camping trip and carrying along knives for hunting and cooking, only to get there and realizing that they are blunt and you don’t have a knife sharpener! Imagine being head-to-head in the bush with a dangerous animal such as snake, only to discover that the knife can’t even cut a carrot in half!
When going on camping trips or working around the kitchen or garden, we should always make sure that we have some means of sharpening our tools. Sharp tools ensure that we use less energy and when used the right way, they are also safer than dull tools.
You would make much more effort if you were cutting through a sea of reeds with a blunt machete as compared to one that is in top working order – a blade as sharp as a razor. That is the importance of carrying along a portable Goodia 400/ 600 grit sharpeners folding pocket stone.
You can comfortably carry it around in your pocket, with this sharpener being small, lightweight and foldable.
Some useful tips when using a knife are mentioned below:
- Always cut away from your body and never toward it.
- If the knife drops out of your hand, allow it to fall. Never attempt to catch a falling knife.
- Never toss a knife.
- Do not run with a knife in your hand and never walk with the point of a knife facing another person or yourself.
- Always keep knives away from children.
- Your knives should always be maintained and sharpened. Sharp knives are safer than a dull one because they require less pressure to cut.
- Never use the tip of a knife to pry a container open as it may cause the tip to break.
- Never run your fingers along the edge of the blade to test the sharpness of the blade.
- Always use your knives on a firm surface such as a wooden, bamboo, or polyethylene cutting board.
- Improper use such as attempting to cut frozen food can damage your knives and void your warranty.
In this article, we are going to review the Goodia 400/ 600 Grit Knife Sharpeners Folding Pocket Stone. This sharpener is one of the best products in the market, based on the positive reviews.
This knife sharpener is diamond-electroplated to ensure efficient and sharp sharpening result for your knives, scissors or shears. It works perfectly with both indoor and outdoor tools. It can even work with agricultural tools.
It also comes with a double-sided diamond design for best choice – 400 Grit is effective for coarse sharpening and 600 Grit is for fine honing. The surface of the diamond sharpener is protected by a folding cover design that ensures that it is safely secured.
Features of the Goodia 400/600Grit Knife Sharpener
- Diamond-electroplated design ensures efficient and sharp sharpening result
- Double-sided diamond design for best choice (400 Grit for coarse sharpening, 600 Grit for fine honing)
- Folding cover design to protect surface of diamond sharpener and it is also easy to carry
- Lightweight, portable, and has non-slip rubber feet for added safety
- Application Scope: Kitchen knives (metal knives, ceramics knives, scissors, outdoor tools, garden tools, agricultural tools)
- Easy to use and compact
- Affordable price
- Double-sided sharpening stone
- Simple to use
- It closes in its own case
- Fast delivery from Amazon
- Some claim that it does not sharpen as fast as expected
- Some claim that it barely sharpens
If you’re looking for the ultimate knife sharpener, we would recommend the Goodia 400/600 Grit Knife Sharpener Folding Pocket Diamond Stone. It is portable and can easily be carried around in the pocket.
There is also the fact that it sharpens more than just knives – it can also sharpen garden tools and farming tools.